Eco-communities as a social vision

Eco-communities as a social vision
Egalitarian and ecological communities, like the pictured East Wind (www.eastwind.org), are very close to our vision of an ecological society

08 November, 2007

BALLAD OF THE BEACON, BY WISHBONE ASH , ALBUM: WISHBONE FOUR, 1973



Well be leaving this town in the morning
Tomorrow well be able to see
I’ve had me enough of this city
And she’s had enough out of me

I’m turning my sights on the country
Sold everything that I own
I’m heading away from the bright lights
Looking for where the wind blows

Say if I climbed to the mountains
Would you still follow me there
Steal me away in an echo
The mountains will always be there


Another “escaping the stress-producing city for living in the country” song.

You can hear this song in you tube but in a bad sound quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPjnxeJt3iY

You can hear some other songs from Wishbone Ash in you tube:

Blowing free

Jailbait

leaf and stream

1 comment:

aigaiopelagitis said...

This song creates an incredibly beautiful "mountain" atomosphere, which reveals how "small" is a human being in the presence of a mountain.

A question that I still have concerns the title. Why Whishbone Ash chose to call the song "Ballad of the beacon"? What does the "beacon" stand for? What does it represent? Is it something like "the call of the wilderness"? I'm still not sure. Does anybody have an explanation?